LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT)
Last year we opened a new plant for Olenex in Zaandam, with a Experience Centre, a Product Development Laboratory and Packaging line. Customer focus and Innovation are central in this new Product Development laboratory. A pleasant atmosphere and an open and informal organization are also part of this.
As a Laboratory Technician, you and the team are responsible for all specific sample requests from our customers. In collaboration with our Technical Account Managers, we are closely involved in projects for the improvement of new products and processes. We produce these samples in a brand new product development laboratory by carrying out chemical, sensory and instrumental analyses on products, oils and fats. We also generate these samples by laboratory scale production processes.
You will be part of a team of 3 team members, together you are responsible for all sample and improvement projects for the customer. Within this role you get to work in a very new laboratory with the newest equipment for process and analyses equipment.
This role gives you the opportunity to grow into an experienced oils and fats technician.
If you're looking for the next challenge, now is the time to join #TeamOlenex .
· Perform various production processes on laboratory scale;
· Accurately perform chemical and instrumental analyses such as GC, SFC and various titra-tions;
· Accurate mixing and manufacturing of samples in small and larger quantities;
· Entering analysis data and producing reports/trends in our software system;
· Carrying out sensory analyses;
· Label and ship samples professional and neatly to the customer.
For this position we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with the following background:
· You have an MLO or HLO diploma (analytical chemistry, food technology or equivalent training);
· You have gained work/internship experience within a development or analytical depart-ment, preferably in a food organization;
· You work well independently as well as in groups;
· You have a pragmatic and flexible attitude;
· Preferably experience with edible oils and fats;
· You know how to combine different tasks;
· You have good communication skills in Dutch and English.
We offer you:
. An excellent package of primary and secondary employment conditions with a salary depending on age and experience.
· A completely new Product Development laboratory.
· A new team where you have the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice not only analytically but also process-wise and where you have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally.
· Enthusiastic and international colleagues from all over the world
(more than 20 nationalities work within Olenex )
· A 13th month
· Travel allowance
· 30 vacation days
· Completely contributory pension
· Discount on your health insurance
· Discount on your fitness subscription
Olenex is an international, dynamic, and fast-growing organisation which produces a wide range of high-quality liquid oils, tropical oils, and speciality products. Within our company, each individual can make a difference. We provide our people with every opportunity to develop and grow, and also recognise those who take the initiative.
Additionally, we value the future development of our employees and support potential training and education opportunities. As part of the Olenex family, you will be able to truly make an impact in a challenging but highly rewarding environment.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.