Product Development Manager
Olenex supplies a comprehensive portfolio of high-quality edible oils and fats. Our refineries, strategically located throughout Europe, produce a wide range of liquid and tropical oils as well as special solutions for specific product requirements. Producers, both food and non-food, can rely on our team of specialists to help them find tailormade solutions to meet their requirements.
In addition to production, our trading department procures raw materials to expand our portfolio within the edible oil and fat industry. Olenex is committed to the use of sustainable resources and products and to the respect of human rights.
As Product Development Manager you will be an integral part of product development projects for the maintenance and growth of the Olenex product portfolio. This portfolio comprises of refined vegetable oils and fats which are being delivered in the countries that are part of the Olenex scope.
The Product Development Manager will establish a team of 2 or 3 colleagues and be responsible for a completely new product development laboratory in Brake Unterweser, Northern Germany. He or she will be part of the Commercial Organisation and reports to the Head of Technical Account Management.
Your Main Responsibilities
• The candidate will initially lead the development and building of a product development laboratory
• Create a new team and manage these 2 or 3 FTE’s
• Execute projects within the Olenex organization in close co-operation with the Technical Account Managers and within time/costs/quality constraints
• Manage the project budget and project resources assigned, including estimation of changes and how different scenarios may impact this analysis
• Main point of contact for internal stakeholders
• Trend watching. Identify and initiate opportunities, based on these trends
• Support customer complaint resolution and identifying optimization potential
For this position we are looking for an open-minded and solution-oriented colleague with the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree or Master Degree in technical science, e.g. Food Technology, Chemistry, Process Technology, Biology
• A demonstrable track record of product development experience and/or laboratory management
• Proven experience in the edible vegetable oils, confectionary or bakery branch is an advantage
• Good command of German and English and preferably another European language
• Proficiency in MS Office software
• Good analytical strength
• Demonstrate excellent time management and problem solving skills, along with advanced planning and organizational capabilities
• Experience in building and running a laboratory in the edible vegetable oils or food manufacturing industries would be an advantage
Your Future Perspectives - Our Offer
• A modern workplace with equipment that suits your requirements, can be defined by you
• Establishing and leading a team of product development colleagues
• Working in a dynamic, growing and ambitious multinational organization
• A challenging area of responsibility with a high degree of personal responsibility, in our location in Brake (Unterweser) Germany
• A performance- and experience-related salary and a modern benefits package
You want to meet this challenge? Apply now by e-mail to email@example.com informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation.
Olenex is an international, dynamic, and fast-growing organisation which produces a wide range of high-quality liquid oils, tropical oils, and speciality products. Within our company, each individual can make a difference. We provide our people with every opportunity to develop and grow, and also recognise those who take the initiative.
Additionally, we value the future development of our employees and support potential training and education opportunities. As part of the Olenex family, you will be able to truly make an impact in a challenging but highly rewarding environment.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.