OLENEX HOLDINGS B.V.
Location: City centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Olenex is a leading European Oils & Fats refinery that is rapidly growing in the vegetable oils market. As our Controller for the refineries division, you will be a vital member of the Reporting & Control team. You oversee day-to-day activities and reporting cycles of the refineries division within the Swiss legal entity. You ensure timely, accurate and reliable reporting. In this role, you ensure compliance with accounting, control policies, and support management.
• Monthly reconciliation of commercial estimate vs accounting results;
• Analyze the differences for the various business units and cost categories;
• Liaise with commercial team and other functional departments when investigating the differences;
• Challenge the commercial estimate and devise creative solutions to improve accuracy of that estimate;
• Gross margin analyses for the different business units;
• Ensure compliance with corporate accounting and finance policies;
• Assist in preparing and developing standard operating procedures (SOP’s), policies and controls;
• Drive continuous improvement of processes and tools for financial - and management reporting, forex exposure management, including operational KPI’s, cost control and analysis, project control, etc.;
• Support local and international finance teams with daily operational queries;
• Reconciliation of various flows from the contract administration system with the GL;
• Take part in and lead business improvement projects;
• To lead monthly financial closing procedures for the refineries division;
• You coordinate internal and external audit processes to provide supporting documentation and follow up on audit queries;
• Responsible for monthly P&L and balance sheet reconciliation;
• Prepare monthly management reports;
• Manage the daily monitoring and analysis of foreign currency exposure position;
• Manage foreign currency hedges to mitigate the currency position exposure.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE / YOUR PROFILE
To fill this position, we are looking for an easygoing candidate with strong communication skills who possesses a solution-oriented mindset. Also, the right candidate should;
• hold a Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification in financial and management accounting (Certified Accountant is preferred);
• have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in controlling environment, a candidate making a 2nd or 3rd career step with growth potential would be the ideal starting point;
• have experience with a commodity-trading or food-processing organization, this is an advantage;
• be experienced in financial accounting, month-end and year-end closing processes. Additionally, you are capable of supporting financial audits;
• have experience with internal controls and complex accounting processes, consolidations, and reporting;
• be accurate and have a good eye for detail, have the ability to move from broad perspective to the smallest details;
• be result oriented;
• be experienced in improving and documenting accounting processes;
• have experience with ERP / accounting systems such as SAP and JDE. This is seen as a plus;
• be fluent in English (verbal and written);
• be able to work with tight deadlines;
• have expert user knowledge in MS-Excel, JDE, and generally strong IT and data analyses skills;
• be pro-active;
• be a great team player.
Our new controller will find a dynamic job within an inspiring team in the city centre of Rotterdam. We highly value personal initiative and support our employees to bring new ideas to the table. Olenex is an engaging company and it is self-evident that we ask you to take responsibilities and stimulate personal development. Olenex offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application via the application form on this page or email direct to the Olenex HR team (Olenex_HR_Rotterdam@olenex.com). If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact us via the above email address.
Olenex is an international, dynamic, and fast-growing organisation which produces a wide range of high-quality liquid oils, tropical oils, and speciality products. Within our company, each individual can make a difference. We provide our people with every opportunity to develop and grow, and also recognise those who take the initiative.
Additionally, we value the future development of our employees and support potential training and education opportunities. As part of the Olenex family, you will be able to truly make an impact in a challenging but highly rewarding environment.
For recruitment agencies:
We have made a conscious decision to do the recruitment ourselves. Therefore, we kindly ask you to not forward any candidates, as we will not accept their applications.
You agree with the storage of your provided data in a database. This information will be handled quickly and confidentially. Your information will not be provided to third parties. On the basis of this information we can check to what extent these match vacancies.
By letting the application go, that your data is stored in a database.
We will only use the data for the reference named purposes. You can withdraw the permissions at any time by contacting us.